Monday, October 11, 2010

Michele Yarbrough's "But God" story:

Like most young girls I dreamed the “Cinderella dream”. I think when my parents divorced when I was ten I believed in the dream even more. I wanted a prince charming and a family that would stay together. After being bounced around from house to house and very difficult teen years, I changed my life around my second year of college after a broken engagement.


After graduating…but God…a series of circumstances moved me from a small town in Kentucky to Atlanta. After another broken relationship that at one time I thought would end in marriage, the Lord led me to Rehoboth Baptist Church. It was there that I grew in the Lord and met David.


But God…I would have been divorced right now (just like my parents) and probably a single mother.


But God…the cycle has been broken.


I have a wonderful husband and father to my children.


After almost 19 years of marriage we have many “but God” stories in our life. I look forward to many more and to all the “but God” stories in my children’s lives.


When I was trying to decide to move to Atlanta, the Lord showed me this verse on a plaque in a Hallmark store:  “ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) This became my life verse and I still cling to it today.  


[ Submitted by Michele Yarbrough ]

No comments:

Post a Comment