Monday, October 11, 2010

Jenn Young's "But God" story:

I got saved when I was 13.  Baptized and left to sit on the pew.  I had no idea what it meant to be a disciple of Christ.  I fell away and lived an incredibly dangerous life of drugs, alcohol and sex.  Many times in a four year period I should have been dead, BUT GOD had other plans.

Unbeknownst to me, my grandmother was praying HUGE for me.  After she passed, and I received her prayer journal for me, I started reading and lining up dates.  When I was in danger (and she would have no way of knowing this) she was praying for me and God was protecting me from myself, others or dangerous situations.  It was such a blessing that I received her journal and could actually see God's hand at work in my life even when I was so undeserving of His love and kindness and grace.




If it were not for the BUT GOD stories in my life, it so scary to think about where I would be today.

[ Submitted by Jenn Young ]

No comments:

Post a Comment