Monday, October 18, 2010

Jennie & Jeff Jones' "But God" Story:

We had a plan.  Get married, enjoy 2 years of marriage before trying for children, have a boy then a girl hopefully by the time I was 30. . .

BUT GOD had a totally different one in mind.

We have now been married for 7 years and still no babies to fit in our empty arms. We did not know that 1 in 6 couples face infertility.  We just thought it would happen when we wanted it to.  We have seen doctors and tried the things they suggested . . .

BUT GOD had a different plan.  Month after month we cry and pray and wait.  Sometimes its not so bad, who and I kidding, its dreadful!  I would not wish "Unexplained Infertility" on anyone.  We watch all of our friends around us have beautiful babies and we smile and say congratulations, but oh the pain.  

I say all that to say that God has shown us trust, understanding, compassion and most of all patience. He has made us stronger. He has brought us closer as a couple and closer to him.  I don't yet know all of Gods mighty plan for us and this struggle we face each day. . .

BUT GOD does not disappoint. God will resolve our infertility one way or another in his perfect time.

May the God of hope full you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.  Romans 15:13

[ Submitted by Jennie & Jeff Jones ]

2 comments:

  1. Jennie, you and Jeff continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. My heart hurts for you because I know exactly where you are. My prayer for you is that you will come to a place (in your head AND your heart) where your desires will match God's desire for you. That's not as easy as it sounds, is it? Much love to you and I'm here if you ever need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for that day! Many prayers going your way!

    ReplyDelete